A Timeline of US Sanctions on the Venezuelan Regime
Oil-Production Decline, Economic Crisis Preceded Punitive Measures
For over a decade, the US government has enacted sanctions against Venezuelan individuals linked to terrorism, drug trafficking, and other criminal activities.
Not until 2015 did a sanction specifically address the Nicolás Maduro regime’s longtime assaults on democracy and human rights, and not until late 2017 did the sanctions go beyond specific individuals.
- How many Venezuelan officials are subject to US sanctions?
- Timeline of key sanctions against the Venezuelan regime
- Why is Nicolás Maduro still in office?
- US Sanctions on Venezuelan versus oil-production losses
Antigua Report’s Previous Coverage
- “Venezuela’s Rightful President Needs White House Support,” Epoch Times, by Fergus Hodgson.
- “Venezuelan Regime Deploys Cryptocurrency to Evade US Sanctions,” Epoch Times, by Fergus Hodgson.
- “Six Takeaways from Venezuela’s Dystopia,” Frontier Centre, by Fergus Hodgson