What AMLO Bodes for Mexico
Welfare State Gets Boost amid Economic Uncertainty
Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) took office on December 1, 2018, after scoring a landslide victory that defeated traditional ruling parties.
A progressive, AMLO ran on a campaign for increased spending on social programs without tax hikes or increasing the public debt. How he balances those two major goals amid harsher economic conditions will define his presidency.
- What are AMLO’s most salient promises and how is he fulfilling them?
- Is the Mexican economy heading toward a crisis?
- What will AMLO do to tackle violence in Mexico?
- Why are Mexicans worried about the concentration of power?
- Is there an end in sight for Mexico’s drug war?
Antigua Report Analysis
- “Mexican Peso Ready to Tumble,” Epoch Times, by Fergus Hodgson.
- “Why Obrador Will Make Mexico More Corrupt,” Epoch Times, by Fergus Hodgson.
- “The Mexican Economy versus AMLO,” Gold Newsletter Podcast with Gloria Álvarez.